Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fog Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtr_stitch

Alright, so just want to suppliment my knowledge on a small project I wish to undertake...

I know that a piezo could be used to make a fog machine (I think somewhere in the Mhz range). My thoughts are since a 555 and 741 can't generate that high a frequency, what little device would/should be ideal?

Also, not sure about this, but could I use a 386 to amplify the signal and maybe get more bang for my buck? Or would that not be a good idea?

Any feedback would be cool!

Could I use logic gates to generate Mhz freq?

I think I would try a CMOS 555 and a FET to drive it (2.7 Mhz.). Then you could tune it.

Brownout- awesome! Thanks for the PDF it's helped a lot!
Ronv- how would you wire that?

Do you have any specs on the transducer?

Here is one you can buy.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Dang...you know, the one I have I got from radio shack. It doesn't have ratings on it (other than max voltage), so I checked on their website, and the highest ratings for any of their piezos is anywhere between 1.5mhz to 3mhz (or something like that)...guess I'm goin shopping first!

Just wondering how these foggers go in fish ponds with a constant frequency.
Would it drive the fish mad or have some effect on them.

I dont know any fish to ask.

Pete.

I think all the ones from radio shack are for audio. You need a fogger type. One from a humidifier would work.

PS. I think they just make the fish very clean. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back