Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM Transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

WG1337

Hi!
I have a small radio receiver and also a small radio transmitter.
It used to work, but now doesn't but the reason is that it works on 88.5 MHz frequency, but some jerks made a radio station in the same requency, so the radio isn't clear anymore, so I would need to make transmitter at 88 MHz.
Here are 2 circuits: (don't mind the C and L numbers)
**broken link removed**
The first simply shows that if I close and open the switch I could make sound on the radio.
The second shows that if I change a smaller voltage then with a transistor I open a larger voltage that would be like a plug for the audio jack.
But I have seen that these circuit use more then one capacitor, even resistors but why?
Won't this work?
Also I only have few capacitors and it isn't variable, it says that it has 220 uF with 16V. Does farads change if I only use 3V (2x batteries)?
And I hope these two are suitable for making a coil the right size:
f = 1/ (2*Pi*sqrt(L*C))
L = 0.394 * (N*R)^2 / (9R + 10h) (in meters)

You could probably just use your transmitter and unwind a loop in your coil to tune to a higer frequency, or else just spance the distance out a little. Experiment with the coil and you might get lucky. Your other circuits aren't useful for any resaonable transmissions.

Well now I don't think that will be possible anymore...
But could you please tell me why it won't be a reasonable transmission?

All you'll get from those circuits are decaying transient oscillations. I don't think you'll even get any modulation, so it's not ever FM. I don't see any use for those curcuits, other than maybe determining the frequency and Q-factor of the reactive components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back