Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fm transmitter simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those preamp transistor used in most transmitter have voltage gains of between 20 and 100. Mod4 has a dc voltage gain of about 21. Not 4v p-p, but much closer than 20mV. Either way as stated, the levels demonstrate the results of FM techniques. You can't hear FM, so listening won't do any good. Might as well turn up the gain and frequency so you can see what's going on. After all, what's teh worse that can happen? He might *gasp* learn something?

Last edited:
You can find out what kind of modulation you're getting and how much by doing an FFT on that point. LTSpice has many advanced FFT options.

Last edited:
I'm afraid there are way too many artifacts in the signal for the FFT to be effective in determining the deviation. I estimate a few hundred Khz deviation, nowhere near the 75Mhz previously mentioned. So what if that violates the 75Khz spec? The idea was to observe some frequency modulation, not to try to transmit the signal. I think we've accomplised that. The low-level modulation that isn't observable is done the same way.

I'm used to operating circuits outside their normal limits to learn what's going on with them. Indeed, I bring my high voltage projects up from voltages much, much lower than spec so I can keep a watch on the critical values while I crank up the power.

Last edited:
thanks a lot....

thanks Eric... thanks Brown... and thanks to all the team...

circuit simulation and the hardware is successfully completed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back