Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM transmitter Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioniC187

Hey guys, i have an fm transmitter, and i would like to know what frequency it is working at to make a receiver for it.
How can i check? i don't have an osciloscope, so i used the line-in in my pc, but it doesn't read higher than the KHz range

Get an oscilloscope or a frequency counter that goes up to the frequency range the transmitter works in... But since you don't know the frequency of the transmitter you're really not providing us with anything to go on. Can you take a picture of it, or provide some more information?

If your transmitter is working on broadcast band FM, then you can use a digital FM radio to find it's frequency. Or use a cellphone with FM function.

Else you can tune your transmitter further to make it working on the broadcast band FM and then find it's frequency using the above specified method..;)

Simulating the circuit will only get you a ballpark idea of the frequency, it will not exactly match (if it starts up at all)

Ye, i have simulated it, it isn't near a radio band range, needs more tuning. If it gets into range with the sim, then i can fine tune in practically :) thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back