Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM Transmitter and Reciever

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberstudent99

Hi all,

I am trying to make FM transmitter and receiver a sort of walkie talkie. I came across different Transmitter circuit, I want to build a medium range Transmitter so i decided to make the following ckt from EFY

Code:
http://www.electronicsforu.com/electronicsforu/lab/ad.asp?url=/EFYLinux/circuit/aug2005/CI-01_Aug05.pdf&title=Medium-Power%20FM%20Transmitter

For FM Receiver, i am not that clear, i want to use TDA7088T Receiver IC or any slimier IC that serve the purpose well,

Please recommend some Receiving Circuits using TDA7088T IC or any other Better IC, and also what is the Range of FM i can get from TDA7088T Receiver IC?

And also Above Transmitter Circuit from EFY is good to build practically?

Thanks.

That FM transmitter is a very poor circuit. The value of R5 is too high and R6 is too low so that the oscillator transistor T2 will get very hot and drain the battery quickly. Its frequency drifts all over the place.

The TDA7088 FM radio is a very poor radio. Radios that use it are sold for a very low price ($1.00).
The transmitter and radio might have a range that is across a wide street (100m).

The Rohm FM stereo transmitter ICs that are used in MP3 to car radio transmitter products are good FM transmitters.
The Micromitter was published in an Australian magazine and it uses a Rohm IC.

A high quality FM radio circuit is complicated and its parts are difficult to obtain.

Attachments

• Micromitter schematic.jpg
    Micromitter schematic.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 2,056
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back