Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM Transceiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJay

hey
i'm new to the transceivers field but i have some knowledge on electronics. i have a question: i have a Yaesu handheld transceiver and i have a Yaesu base transceiver in my car i need to use my handheld at home for long distance that i can reach with my car transceiver so i was told that there is a circuit that could be built that enables me to connect my handheld to my car transceiver and reach my car tranceiver range but it's very expensive if i want to buy it could anyone tell me what is this circuit called (a repeater,.....) and where if possible the circuits plans so i can build one myself. or any suggestion that could help me in my search

A good many modern amateur base transceivers have built-in cross-band repeat functions you may not be aware of. If yours does, your handheld need only be on a compatible band. Just a thought, maybe worth checking.

Are the handheld and bases going to operate on the same frequency bands? If so, the implementation is complicated by the need for the base to transmit and receive near the same frequencies simultaneously. This is accomplished in "club" repeaters with tuned cavities or sharp filters which are expensive. Also the base transciever needs to be able to transmit and receive at the same time and two antennas are needed (one for receive and one for transmit). If your transciever cannot do that, you have to supplement it with either a separate receiver or transmitter. There are plans for building complete repeaters, but they are not for beginners.

I am not explicitly aware of it being done, but it occurs to me that the base transceiver could record incoming transmissions and play them back for later transmission. (maybe there is an invention here :) ) Since both paths are recorded and delayed, it may actually work.

If the handheld and base are on two different frequencies bands then the implementation is easier, since the requirement for sharp filters is eased substantially. The other factors still apply, however.

hi!

a repeater is a base station which is usually located on a higher ground and can able to copy signals from another base and portable tranceivers and a repeater station needs 2 base tranceivers (1 for receiving frequency and another for transmission) and when you have these then the circuit for repeater follows :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back