Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM synthesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorPS

Is is possible to fx FM synthesis sound using PIC micro?
If yes, can anybody give me some hints on how to start it., or some good reference in the web.
Thank you.:D

Sorry for the un-clear question. :oops:

What I want to build is an electronics Piano (toy).
It can generate piano sound , with fade out effect,
able to play/mix 2 voice/note simultaneous.
When above is done, I will add recoding & playback function.

Currently, what I have is using PIC micro to generate the music note.
But it is square wave only, how I do "fade out" and mix atleast 2 notes?
So I am thinking of FM synthesis technique, because it can generate a close to piano sound effect.

I have try PWM & wave table method, but look like my 20Mhz PIC don't have enough house power to do the job, the sound is horrible...may be problem due to my un-optimize C code.

Another idea is interface to a simple analog circuit that can generate
require tone/wave with fade out.

How is actually the electronic piano(toy) generate sound?
Any suggestion?
Thank you very much. :D

maybe you should just buy a synthesizer. they arent that expensive and can do alot more than what you are trying to do, so it should keep you entertained for a longer period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back