Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM radio systems... help needed plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

EEE student

Hi all

Actually i'm facing a big problem to me.. it's a question i have to answer next Monday, plz guys do something for me

What are the limiting factors in an FM radio system for reproducing audio sound wave? Describe using diagrams how an FM detector such as a Phase lock Loop detector works?

FM transmitter

Hi all

Actually i'm facing a big problem to me.. it's a question i have to answer next Monday, plz guys do something for me

What are the limiting factors in an FM radio system for reproducing audio sound wave? Describe using diagrams how an FM detector such as a Phase lock Loop detector works?

Wasn't all that covered in your last chapter in class.:rolleyes:

I was also sleeping during the last class. EEE student, after getting your answer plz forward to me asap.
Thanks in advance.

Hi all

Limiting factors in no order:

Channel Bandwidth
Modulator Frequency response
demodulator frequency response
modulator signal to noise ratio
receiver audio signal to noise ratio
signal propagation distance
receiver noise figure and sensitivity
transmitter antenna gain
receiver antenna gain
receiver audio output power and impedance
receiver demodulator type
transmitter output power

How a PLL works:
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
You might add "capture ratio" as multipath interference will certainly effect audio distortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back