Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM radio signall to start a led flasher ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

philgib

Hello guys,

I need - some of - your genius mind.

I would like to spread a few independant but identical led flashers on the ground, sometimes 100 yards apart from each other.

I would lilke to use an RC car/place Tx / Rx system to start all of the led flashers at the very same time. Is this feasable ? I would obviiously need an Rx receiver with the same quartz on each led flasher.

Thank you

Phil

Last edited:
I would use these:
SparkFun Electronics - RF Link Transmitter - 315MHz
SparkFun Electronics - RF Link 4800bps Receiver - 315MHz

Buy as many of the receivers as there will be LED units. Use the transmitter to start all of the LEDs and an occasional heartbeat to keep them all in sync. I'd use a PIC that can decode an RF signal and provide a crystal accuracy blink rate, when used with a crystal. The transmission needs to be coded to avoid unintended operation on the receivers. I've used modules like those and they can be quite noisy on the output. They are not suitable for straight on/off operation.

Last edited:
Thank you guys,

I live in Europe so indeed 433mhz is OK.

I'd use a PIC that can decode an RF signal and provide a crystal accuracy blink rate, when used with a crystal

Do you know which PIC which would do just that ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back