Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM encoder/decoder to switch relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

atari7202

to quote radioron
"However, in addition, it might be wise to send a simple tone over the radio and then use a tone decoder on the receiver. It would be easy to interface the encoder to the transmit unit microphone and the decoder to the receive unit speaker. The output of the tone decoder would be your switch driver. The old standard tone encoders and decoders are the LM566 and LM567 but there may be newer and better chips now. Perhaps try Maxim."

what is maxim, how would i build this and can some one please send me schematics for a simple encoder/decoder hook up. i have done some searchs on the web but not have turned up anything of much use please help

A single tone is not suitable to switch something when it is transmitted by radio because noise, music and voices can trigger the very simple decoder.
Telephones have used touch-tone (dual tone multi frequency) for ages to avoid such problems.

In the 80's touch-tone encoder and decoder ICs were available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back