Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM broadcast stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiyan

How many broadcast stations are available in FM BAnd?
and what's it's working?

hiyan said:
How many broadcast stations are available in FM BAnd?
Depends on where you are at any given time. If you are in the middle of the ocean, you will be lucky if you get one or 2. If you are in a major city, you could get 15+.

and what's it's working?
I don't know what you mean here.

In the US, FM broadcast stations are spaced at 200KHz intervals on the dial, starting with 87.9MHz and ending with 107.9MHz, giving 101 allocations. Other countries use different intervals, which varies according to your location ... information that you, like so many others, chose not to give us in your profile.
Here's a link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FM_band
JB

I live in a suburb of Canada's largest city, with numerous Canadian cities around me and many cities in United States not far away. On a sensitive "high-fidelity" FM tuner or good quality car radio I get about 100 FM stations, so my dial is full.

Audioguru, are you sure Mississauga is larger than Toronto? :lol:

or did you duplicate yourself? LMAO j/k :lol:

mstechca said:
Audioguru, are you sure Mississauga is larger than Toronto? :lol:

or did you duplicate yourself? LMAO j/k :lol:
Huh? I'm in Mississauga which is a suburb of Toronto. I can see Canada's largest city's downtown from my home's windows. I don't know how many FM transmitters are in Toronto's transmission tower that I can see. 20? 30?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back