Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM analog RF module

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachtheterrible

I looked in the mouser catalog and the digikey catalog and I cannot find a simple cheap RF module that can transmit an analog FM signal. The only one that I found is a 16 pin SSOP package which is too complicated. I'm just looking for something with the pins sticking out of a board, something like this: https://www.commlinx.com.au/tlp433a.htm, but FM and analog. Can anyone point me to a good one?

zachtheterrible said:
I looked in the mouser catalog and the digikey catalog and I cannot find a simple cheap RF module that can transmit an analog FM signal. The only one that I found is a 16 pin SSOP package which is too complicated. I'm just looking for something with the pins sticking out of a board, something like this: https://www.commlinx.com.au/tlp433a.htm, but FM and analog. Can anyone point me to a good one?

What do you mean by 'analogue' - do you mean to transmit audio?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
zachtheterrible said:

Yup.

zachtheterrible said:

Yup.[/quote]

The licence free frequencies are generally 'data only', audio usage isn't allowed, so you probably can't buy them. Certainly in the UK this is so!.

Nigel Goodwin said:
zachtheterrible said:

Yup.

The licence free frequencies are generally 'data only', audio usage isn't allowed, so you probably can't buy them. Certainly in the UK this is so!.[/quote]

Well I did find that one in the digikey catalog that would transmit audio, but It's too complicated for my needs, so they're probably legal here in the US.

zachtheterrible said:
Well I did find that one in the digikey catalog that would transmit audio, but It's too complicated for my needs, so they're probably legal here in the US.

I think only finding ONE may be a bit of a giveaway?, I presume by 'complicated' you mean expensive?.

By complicated I mean it is a single chip, so it will most likely require external components, which complicates things and makes things bigger, I want something pre-built.

I found a transmitter with a "linear" input. I wonder if that's another word for analog?

EDIT: Nevermind, just found exactly what I need.

zachtheterrible said:
By complicated I mean it is a single chip, so it will most likely require external components, which complicates things and makes things bigger, I want something pre-built.

I found a transmitter with a "linear" input. I wonder if that's another word for analog?

EDIT: Nevermind, just found exactly what I need.

How about posting a link to it?.

Russ, do you mean the cheap 88-108MHZ bug transmitters that I've made a gazillion of? I've found them to have too many problems. I want something that is going to be reliable.

C Crane company has several FM broadcast transmitters that you can digitally select the xmit frequency. They have a limited range about 50 feet so they qualify for the license free bands.
Their web site is www.ccrane.com
Typical models are #AFT and #FMT

zachtheterrible said:
www.digikey.com

The part number is txm-900-hp3-ppo-nd for transmitter and receiver is rxm-900-hp3-ppo-nd

Hi Zach,

Notice that those modules are on a different (much higher) frequency than the normal licence free ones, presumably audio is allowed on those frequencies, but NOT on the more common lower ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back