Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

flyback converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAIZY

I am making a flyback converter for some study purpose but the problem is that i use a step up transformer with ratio of 1:10 and the input is 12 volt dc but the output is only 3 volts can anyone know why this low voltage is at the output.I am attaching a picture also.reply me please what's the logic that the output is less than the input but i am using a step up transformer.
https://www.google.com.pk/imgres?im...wwfT6mKF7CiiAeH3JH0DQ&ved=0CCkQ9QEwAA&dur=255

There are some nice ICs that would replace the 555 and BF487 and some even the MOSFET all in one package. This will include current limit.

Do you have a oscilloscope? Can you see the duty cycle on the gate of the MOSFET? If you only have a meter you could measure the DC voltage on the gate. If the supply is 12V and you measure 6V then you have 50% duty cycle. My guess is you will measure about 1 volt. If I could see the waveform on the MOSFET-D I would know more.

Things to check. Phase of transformer. Primary and secondary may be reversed. What transformer are you using?
Is anything getting hot?

.. is the curren flowing through your resistive divider network on the output enough to turn on that feedback transistor with a very low Vb-e? I cant imagine why it would be so low, but personally I would not rely on the VBE = 0.6V to do any form of regulation. I have written some guides on the principals of flyback converter design and you can simulate them in LTSPICE:
http://www.simonbramble.co.uk/lt_spice/ltspice_lt_spice.htm
Have a look through my site and it will explain the theory of what you are trying to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back