Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flux remover

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan

Any recommendations for a good flux remover. Or perhaps should we even be removing the flux residue from DIY projects?. I tried a recipe of 20/80 of acetone and rubbing alchohol and it seems to work ok, but leaves a mess on the board.

Thoughts

I've been using "flux-off" aerosol can which works good at work, its "green" also :) At home its a toothbrush and/or airbrush and thinner then soap/water. I've been taking the flux off ever since I had a arc that was eluding me (really small) and my lights happen to go out at that time when I noticed it, it was following the flux. :)

I use isopropanol alcohol in an ultrasonic bath. I let it soak for a few minutes then a quick blast at low power and a little agitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back