Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fluorescent lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

meterman

I'm curious how these little 5" fluorescent lights work. How much voltage does it take to run them and am I suppose to be able to check for voltage at the tombstones. F4T5/BLB is the bulb I want to power up. Its a small black light bulb that I want to use for halloween. I used it last year with an old cordless fluorescent fixture that I had laying around but I can't get it to work anymore. Not sure how to troubleshoot it. The triac on the power board gets extremely hot. That part I do know. I powered it up with a 6vdc output wal-wart. Is there anyway to wire staight to the bulb itself and what voltage would it need?

These are the same an normal frourescent bulbs thay just dont have the phosphor coating that thurns UV light in to white light.

So it must work whith any flourescent lamp fixture.

Normal flurescent laps need about 90 to 200 V to run and about 1000V to fire up.

In mains lamps fixutres the 1000V pulse is made whith an coil that is energised and then sudenly disenergised to make an high voltage pulse.

Do you have an schematic of your low volatge fixture?

The cct what i've build for my van.

Attachments

• flpsu_169.gif
    flpsu_169.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 395
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back