Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fluke Mutlimeter T5-1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

justin_t

Hi

I have the above multimeter which was purchased in 2007 and has been working fine until reacently.
The meter doesnt seem to read AC voltage. It will read DC correctly and should recognise AC and switch to AC mode but doesnt seem to do this.
Also when trying to measure AC voltage the warning light flashes.

Has anyone came across this or have any suggestions as to what may be wrong. The unit is out of warranty so I have it opened on my desk but cannt see anything burnt or disconnected...

Any help appreciated

Justin

Probably not much help, but meters commonly fail on AC ranges, far more than anything else.

Historically it was failure of the rectifier, but more modern electronic meters are probably failure of the electronics sopmewhere, just as the True-RMS conversion chip in many better meters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back