1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

Flowcode

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Akira Le, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Akira Le

Akira Le New Member

An applicant for a engineering position where I work has mentioned he codes in flowcode.
    How effective is this, I just did some research as I've never seen flowcode before, looks like it could be restrictive if the right blocks are not available.
    Some industrial Plc controlers can be programmed in a remotely similar way, though with these the graphical blocks are machine function specific.

2. Pommie

Pommie Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

If they haven't taken the step to go from flowcode to C then I doubt they're much good. Also, someone in the future may have to maintain this and not know flowcode and flowcode could go bust.

Mike.

3. dr pepper

dr pepper Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

Thats interesting, are you in the Uk?
    I ask as someone back end of last year applied for a position we advertised, kinda claiming he could code our siemens Plc's having learned flowcode.
    I dont really know flowcode, I had a quick look on the net and my opinion is although its a good idea it is kinda restrictive, bu thats just my opinion.