Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flow Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just stumbled on this today because I am interested in flow metering - but for much smaller flow rates. I haven't been able to find any suitable flow meters for what I want.

Your YouTube demo looks very different from what you described in Post #55 as the customer now seems to be given a regular swipe card?

Have you any experience yet of how accurate the flow meters are? One thing that would concern me is if the customer could persuade the beer to trickle from the tap it might not register on the meter (if the flow rate was below 1 litre / minute)?

The company here advertised an ultra-low flow meter:
**broken link removed**

The output is just an LCD display. ... Maybe you could tap into the pulse output of the flow sensor. It seems to be a very sensitive device, with correction for viscosity, and basic 2% accuracy.

The company here advertised an ultra-low flow meter:
**broken link removed**

Thanks but it is about 10 times too expensive !

I want to measure fuel flow into a diesel engine and I would be better spending the money on fuel !

Last edited:
Hi Robin

Approximately what range of flow in LPN or GPM?

Ron

With rates that low I don't know of an inexpensive solution.

Ron

Dave

That was so cool to see. You really ran with it buddy. Congratulations! & Cheers too! :)

Ron

There was a short item about this beer dispenser on the BBC Radio news at 13:00 this afternoon.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back