Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Float switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

victorgozan

please, I need help on how to read output from a float switch with PIC microcontroller. Image of the float switch is attached below. Thank you

Attachments

• float.png
    float.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 202
That looks like a simple contact closure float switch, simply read it in a PIC input, either on or off, using 5v supply.!
Max.

How many pins come out of the large yellow connector? Do you have an Ohmeter? Use it to determine if the contacts are form A, form B, or form C?

It resembles the one I have on my basement sump pump and has two active conductors. Closed when floating horizontal or vertical.
Max.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back