Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flip Mino LCD replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpinball

Disassembled Flip Mino after informed of voided warranty. If anyone wants pics of take apart, I can post.

I need to identify replacement LCD. Your help is appreciated. LF3 cube logo?

**broken link removed**

Thanks

Get another busted Flip Mino for parts as it's likely its custom made for the phone.

I checked ebay. This item may be too new. Guess I'll wait for someone to bust off that fancy USB dongle.

Flip Mino is a digital video camera. Kinda looks like a cell with the guts ripped out, though.

Mark

jpinball? Mark? You the guy who wrote it? Or the guy from flippers, or artmonkey from Stern?

jpinball? Mark? You the guy who wrote it? Or the guy from flippers, or artmonkey from Stern?

Mark = jpinball. I wrote the original post and the followup. I am not from flippers or Stern. I live in a town that starts with J, and I have the biggest pinball collection in town.

By the way does anyone have a link to a site that shows chip logos? I would not like to give this up without finding who LF3 is. Not to mention that it would be handy for future reference.

I was playing with this camera this afternoon. As long as you stay six feet away from your subject, you will probably be okay. Just can't review what you shot right away.

Thanks all,

Mark

Which ones from Stern? I had to look up Blackout, I didn't even remember that one. I remember the system 6 sound board, though. Had a red toggle switch you could flip and it went "ding ding ding" afterwards. Pretty cool. I had one hooked up to my doorbell and my phone back in the 80's.

Just picked up an Flip Ultra on eBay for 53 bucks. Replace LCD in daughters flip, and then it's on to my next project: Zombie Patrol.

Zombie Patrol is hooking up my new Flip Ultra sans LCD to a battery powered motion sensor. There are too many punks running around with cans of spray paint at night. Let's see, off during the daytime, turn on motion sensor at night, turn on camera for 3 minutes if motion is detected, turn on flashing red LED during daytime if motion was detected the night before. Where do I post to discuss ideas for new projects?

Oh wow - HARRY Stern! I worked for his son, Gary, in the 90's.

Success!

Obtained Flip Ultra, disassembled, removed LCD, installed in Mino. Presto, Chango,

Details: The LCD in the Ultra is the exact same component used in the Mino. There are about a million screws in the Ultra. The bad news is that as I was happily snapping away pix with the digital camera, I did not notice that my SD card was not in the camera. So no Ultra disassembly photos. All components in the Ultra are held in by screws from the front and back, so the circuit board must be removed to gain access to these screws. The front plastic pieces on the Ultra are held in by 8 screws (two are smaller than the rest). Once these are removed the back cover comes off with some convincing.

After experiencing difficulty in getting the Ultra back together after completely removing the board, I decided to forgo further disassembly on the Mino. (This also would have necessitated removing the ribbon connector from the back cover again. )

By the way, my daughter had been using the Mino all week, including a trip to the skating rink, without the LCD. It really was "point and shoot".

Thank you all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back