Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flip-Flop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you want on/off switch?
If so, here you have some examples

Attachments

• 4017_134_1618.jpg
    4017_134_1618.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 177
  • t_160.jpg
    t_160.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 152
  • rc_549.jpg
    rc_549.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 154
  • aaz.PNG
    aaz.PNG
    6.2 KB · Views: 153
  • skanuj0004.JPG
    skanuj0004.JPG
    246.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Thanks Jony!

That's what I need, sorry If I couldn't explain myself well enough. What is that IC in the third picture? Do you have a part number for that?

Everyone, I needed something like a memory switch where it involved two switches. So instead of having a momentary pushbutton there, I'm going to have the tilt switch, which will act like a momentary switch. It will be mounted on a lever so when I bring the lever down (conducting for a short moment) and back up it will turn the circuit on. When I do it again it will turn it off.

Maybe i didn't get perfectly your idea but a really easy way to do that is using a D-type latch when it moves to some position (the one you want) it will set the latch and when it moves to the other position you make sure that it inverts the D input, and it will reset the latch. But if you use a flip flop you will need the clock, and a latch doesn't need it.

. What is that IC in the third picture? Do you have a part number for that?
CD4013, but remember that this circuit is just a idea. Not working circuit.

I'm going to have the tilt switch, which will act like a momentary switch. It will be mounted on a lever so when I bring the lever down (conducting for a short moment) and back up it will turn the circuit on. When I do it again it will turn it off.
maybe something like this will do the work

Attachments

• bss.PNG
    bss.PNG
    96.2 KB · Views: 158
Johny130 has it close

needed a few mods Q output to CLK is removed.
note this is a simulation. may not work in real life but maybe??
I used a 555 to debounce the tilt switch (load symbol)

Attachments

• flipflop waves.PNG
    flipflop waves.PNG
    36.7 KB · Views: 149
  • flipflop schematic.PNG
    flipflop schematic.PNG
    38 KB · Views: 152
The 555 should make an excellent debounce as long as the output pulse is longer than the switch bouncing time. Yeah, 5 1/2 seconds should do it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back