Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

flight simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronnoc1010

Hi all
I am going to be making a flight simulator just for fun in my garage and need some help figuring out the electronics.
I am going to make a button panel with the board from a usb keyboard and what i wanted to do is when you flick a switch i want to allow current through the keyboard circuit terminals only for one pulse then stop. Also when flicking the switch back i want it to do the same.
Thanks in advance
connor

Your post is somewhat vague but as to the switch pulse routine it sounds like what you are describing is a "one shot" multivibrator. When triggered by pushing a button or closing a switch it will output a pulse of given duration then revert back to zero out. Generally the trigger is a simple normally open push button though and not an on/off switch. You are really going to have to be much, much more specific including the pulse duration time and what exactly the pulse is doing. For starters as to a one shot, Google 555 timer one shot circuits.

Personally I am adverse to flight simulators. My thinking is just strap them in a plane and tell them to fly it. If they live they pass and if they crash they fail. :)

Ron

haha i like your way ron.
well maybe a 500 ms pulse and i guess i might hook it up to a small relay.
Because i want it to close a connection for a second not supply power to the connection. And Some of the connections will just be pbno but for things like landing gear i want a switch and an indicator light when the switch is in one position.
thanks

Start with the 555 timer set up as a one shot. A 500 mSec pulse should be no problem. Matter of fact Eric Gibbs (a forum member) has a 555 calculator out there in a forum blog. That should help considerably with component values.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back