Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flight simulator project!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sram

Hi there folks. You sure know Microsoft flight simulator, right? I didn't play with it but I assume it allows you to see your surroundings.....maybe 360 degrees ? If you are using one monitor you will be able to see infront of you, and you can switch to other angles(I mean you can see behind you like if you are turning around)......right?

if one monitor allows you to see only 60 degrees, will I be able to use another monitor to view a total of 120 degrees at the same time(Using dual monitors video cards)? or maybe three monitors for even more viewing??

What is the best way to do this?

And what is the right way to use more than one monitor for only one pc?? and make them work as if they are one screen?

What are the program limitations?

I'm sure some of you know, that's why I asked this here! Please help me, i'm doing this for a friend who spends his time learning how to fly

It sounds like this is a question best asked of a computer gaming forum, the electronics involved would simply be connection of cables.

hi sram,

You can buy a USB device that allows you drive two displays, I use one when running simulations.
Use the mouse to move a block of text or an image from one screen to the other.

Its important to have the screens the same size and same resolution, else it
will drive you crazy trying to shuffle the displays around.

You really need a fast PC, better than 2gHz, running Win XP for the best results.

ericgibbs said:
QUOTE]
I have seen this, but I don't know if it is the thing my friend wants.

Will this increase the size of the arc he is seeing? or it will just be like a bigger size monitor?

sram said:
ericgibbs said:
QUOTE]
I have seen this, but I don't know if it is the thing my friend wants.

Will this increase the size of the arc he is seeing? or it will just be like a bigger size monitor?

Will be just a bigger monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back