Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flat Wire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if anyone sells this - we're looking for single conductor flat wire. So if you have 22AWG wire and smashed it with a hammer until it was flat, that's what we're looking for, without the hammering. Thanks!

Have you considered battery tagging strip. A flat tin or nickel (I think) coated thin strip. It's spot welded on to cell terminals to make up battery packs. It comes in several different thicknesses.
I Googled it and couldn't find an easy hit. I can find a retailer if interested as we use it at work. It is however uninsulated so may need covering in a heat shrink material.

It depends on how much you need as feeding into heatshrink covering maybe a bit of hassle if you require many metres of the stuff.

You could also possibly take a reel of 22SWG to a local workshop and see if they can flatten it through rollers. A straight forward procedure.

Rectangular wire is sold for magnets. Here's just one vendor: http://www.swigercoil.com/magnetWire.php
Of course, ordinary production material will have insulation -- the absence of which is a criterion not mentioned in the original post.

Bare wire can be passed through rollers to get it as "smashed" as you want, but it will work harden. Passing though a flame will anneal it.

So that this doesn't end up a guessing game, what thickness, what width, and what quantity of uninsulated copper do you want? What are you using it for?

Edit: PCB repair kits have uninsulated flat wire. Here is one vendor that sells 5 mil x 30 mil spools: **broken link removed**
John

Last edited:
Gold traces are just an extremely thin plating of gold on copper traces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back