Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

flashing led's

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruno

Please help!

I am using a reed switch to generate a pulse from a rotating disc. I want high power led's to flash in time with the rotating disc to freeze the motion.

At the moment the pulse is too long and I would like to shorten it. I thought I could use a monostable 555 timer to do this.

Does anybody have a schematic I could look at?

The pulse is a 5Vdc signal which needs to switch a mosfet

I am stuck!

Yes, use the monostable 555 timer circuit, it'll need to be AC coupled as the pulses last longer than the delay but that's as simple as adding a couple of resistors and a capacitor, see the 555 datasheet for more information.

Yes, use the monostable 555 timer circuit, it'll need to be AC coupled as the pulses last longer than the delay but that's as simple as adding a couple of resistors and a capacitor, see the 555 datasheet for more information.

hi. thanks. where can i find the 555 data sheet? i've been using one from the doctronics web page and I keep melting my reed switches!

i must be doing something silly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back