Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flashing LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainate

Hey all,

I'm building a tremolo pedal for guitar (and Rhodes), and I just about finished before I realized there's a problem. The audio path seems to be fine (can't test it just yet), but the LED modification not included in the original schematic is giving me an issue.

I am trying to use the modifications found on page 2 and 3 of the attached material, and add an indicator light to the "boost only" switch (dpdt instead of spst). The problem is that I don't know what the value of the included LED is in their kit (I'm building just the PCB), so I don't know if the recommended 10K resistor is part of the flashing circuit or the standard resistor for the positive side of the LED. To be clear, I don't need a special LED, right? It's supposed to flash with the speed of the tremolo, so it should be affected by R14, the 100K C pot.

The root of the problem is that the wiring diagram is so crowded I can't tell which pads the resistor is supposed to connect to. Also, the LED I'm using needs a 215 Ohm LED in the standard 9-volt series configuration, so why would theirs need 10K?

I'm in over my head. Thanks for your help, and if it's useful the original schematic is also attached.

Attachments

• ggg_eat_mods.pdf
    306.2 KB · Views: 181
  • ggg_eat_sc_improved.pdf
    184.1 KB · Views: 145
I'd go right back to General Guitar and ask for this modification shown on the schematic as opposed to 47 lines criss crossing a dense PCB. They spent a lot of time generating a terrible sketch. They will know what LED to use and how it works with a 10k resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back