Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flash memory with USB Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohandessina

Hi,
I'm doing a dsp project to rebuild a coded signal so I need to have access(just read) from a memory that contain the signal's data.I 'm thinking to use a flash memory with usb interface or somthing cheap enough with long work age but i have no idea how can i read from a flash memory.

hi,
sorry i think i should explain more about my poroject. i want to rebuil a system with a cpu ro microcontroler(not a computer) so i need to do the hardwere and softwere by myself

There may be no need for USB. Many cheap flash RAM ICs are made with I2C and SPI interfaces which are very easy to access with a microcontroller. USB is more difficult to implement, usually a special uC with hardware USB is needed.

Most types of flash disk cards have a SPI interface in addition to the normal card interface. This is easy to access.

A uC usually has some amount of flash RAM, often 256-1k bytes. Most PICs can also write data into the code space on a block-by-block basis, but the code space is not extremely large either.

If you're building a single board computer, the USB interface may be easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back