Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flash memory readings

Status
Not open for further replies.

2PAC Mafia

Hi everybody,

I´m trying to clone some memories since long time. These are the type of memories:

RC28F128J3A (BGA) x 2
DA28F640J5 (SSOP) x 2

The fact is that I sent good memories to be cloned as master devices to companies specialized in that issue after trying myself with no success. One of the companies was Xeltek and using different programmers (good and professional ones) they couldn´t extract the data, getting always fail at verification step after reading.

Nobody could tell me an explanation about the problem to read them. Do you have any idea about the reason? Any special protection is possible inside?

Thanks, I will forward it to that company to know if it´s useful!!!

you're sarcastic - it is very real that company X has large quantity of companys Y "old stuff" or "special order" stuff in their warehouses when the Y does not have the "special" product on their own nomeclature ... blah,blah

... **** wrong thread

i don't copy your reply

- the revisions datasheet shows that the type of FLASH has variants with different known fixed/unfixed issues
e.g. it is possible the new software updates (to PC-interface/Programmer) are the reason the previously accessible memory are now non-responsive or fails the verification

((now it's getting even better)) ... back at the time i worked for company Z :):wideyed: we had the same industrial computer and the same interface board only the iFBd had an older rev. # so it had to be hw- & sw- set up a bit differently than the newer rev. ones i've been seen so far - took a lot of time and then couple of phone calls to producer ...

Last edited:
Hi,

Sarcastic...? I think you are wrong.
I sent that info to Xeltek engineers but at the moment they didn´t answer about this information. For me is important to read the content of those memories and program new ones with the same software. They have Windows operating system + special customer software. Under your experience, could you recommend me some company who can make the clonations? Long time and money invested until now looking for a solution...

I also would like to know if the processor is programmed with the booting software in its own ROM, I only see the option to remove one from a working system and put a new one to see it unit works. If it doesn´t work means the processor (SA-1110 and SA-1100 from Strong Arm, Intel) has booting instructions inside. Then, is it possible to access and copy that software too?

i'm not in this field for decades for now - but the big companies do have customer service (at lest did have 10+ya) . . . i don't have to prove you it can be done - in a way or another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back