Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fixing LCD Dot matrix display

Status
Not open for further replies.

406hdi110

Hi
I have an LCD dot matrix display which has lost a number of lines:
**broken link removed**
i opened it up and dont see any obvious cause for this problem:
**broken link removed**
is it possible to repair a display like this, what is the most common cause for loosing lines. I have already tried pushing down the ribbon which doesnt seem to change anything.

ive used a soldering iron with a special attachment meant to heat these things up to reattach the ribbon but it has not helped.

According to me for repair fixing LCD Dot matrix you should take a hot gun and give hot air to LCD IC. Then after fix the connection of LCD with circuit. It will be start as usual naturally. And if not repair then change the LCD gadget if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back