Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fixing a Home Theater

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnc

Hello Everybody,

I am trying to fix an old home-theater. This component broke and I am having a hard time discovering what this is. I asked vendors in different stores but none of them could identify it. The name written in the board is L200 but googling it wasn't of any help.

It seems to me like a filter or a resistence, do you guys have any clue of what this is (images attached)?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• DSCN2962.JPG
    DSCN2962.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 296
  • DSCN2961.JPG
    DSCN2961.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 300
You will find it is a special type of fuse called a globe. The resistance is very low and when a high current flows, the fuse will illuminate and not burn out. If the high current flows to too long, the globe will glow brightly and eventually burn out.
Measure the resistance and fit a 12v 20w or 50w quartz lamp

I installed a new 12V lamp and worked as intended. The replacement lamp was bought in a car accessories store (not in a electronics DIY shop).
Thanks a lot for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back