Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fixing a clap switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Saulnier

A while ago, my family used to have a toy dog that jumped around and barked, etc. when you clapped. When the gears messed up, my father took it apart, and took the circuitry up and gave it to me when I was young to play with. When I would clap, it would activate a motor, and stop it again when I clapped once more.

Unfortunately, all the components became separated at one point and now I have them all, but they're not connected, and I don't know how to connected.

There is a motor, a battery source (1 C size battery), a microphone, and a circuit board.

The circuit has four unique points for connections to the other components. With 6 wires (two from each component) to be connected, I realize that some of them must be combined.

Can you guys give me an indication to how this should be reconnected? Which devices would likely be connected together (ie. battery connects motor which connects to circuit board which connects back to battery), etc. As well, which component would be likely to be connected to a capacitor, resistor, etc. as soon as enters the circuit board, etc.

I hope my description is help and good enough to understand. I tried searching for the numbers on the board on the internet, but found nothing.

Your help is appreciated!

Below is my best guess. Others might have better ideas, or even information. If you can post a picture of the circuit board, it might help.
The problem with the diagram below is that you may not be able to tell which way to connect the battery. Connecting it backward may damage parts on the board. Look for clues like polarized capacitor polarity, + or -, pos or neg etched on the board. If any wires remain, red is generally positive, black negative.
The "amplifier and flipflop" triangle will probably be made up of several components. If it is an IC, the transistor may be integrated into it.

Attachments

• clap_trigger.gif
    clap_trigger.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 434
Hmm, take a look at the attached pictures. I hope they help.

Attachments

• circuit_board.jpg
    circuit_board.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 440
  • front_of_board.jpg
    front_of_board.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 401
This is the above sematic of the panel. Cannot identify the output layout because of shadow.Hope this help.

Attachments

• front_of_board_176.jpg
    front_of_board_176.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 357
Thanks for taking the time to label the photo.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure what to do with the schematic. The photo of the bottom of the board had a nasty shadow, but I used Paint to fix it up a bit.

Try discover the output stage and the Q4 type.
Make a better quality picture of bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back