Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fixing a broken gps

Status
Not open for further replies.

blwnv8

Got a Magellan Roadmate gps that the mini usb plug that the power cord plugs into broke. I've got it apart and the connections on the board are really tiny. I don't think there is any chance of repairing it. The mini usb had a tiny ribbon cable that pulled out of the board. The battery in this is a 3.7v dc 1100mAh lithium-ion. I assume that the fully charged voltage is around 4 volts. Anyone know what the voltage is on a battery like this fully charged? I'm just going to find a dc car cable thats around right around 4 volts. Now this batter has 4 wires coming out of it going into the circuit board. I've got red, black, yellow, and green. I'm pretty sure the red is the power and black is the ground. I'm not sure what the other two are but I sure it has something to do with the charging of it. Thanks

Got a Magellan Roadmate gps that the mini usb plug that the power cord plugs into broke. I've got it apart and the connections on the board are really tiny. I don't think there is any chance of repairing it. The mini usb had a tiny ribbon cable that pulled out of the board. The battery in this is a 3.7v dc 1100mAh lithium-ion. I assume that the fully charged voltage is around 4 volts. Anyone know what the voltage is on a battery like this fully charged? I'm just going to find a dc car cable thats around right around 4 volts. Now this batter has 4 wires coming out of it going into the circuit board. I've got red, black, yellow, and green. I'm pretty sure the red is the power and black is the ground. I'm not sure what the other two are but I sure it has something to do with the charging of it. Thanks

This may help. Take the top one on the Google list. Read to the bottom of the article and D+ and D- may be data lines.

Let me google that for you

kv:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back