Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fix TV AWA 28" Model MSDV2811-03

Status
Not open for further replies.

b.james

P1010051.jpg
P1010052.jpg
P1010051.jpg
P1010052.jpg
P1010053.jpg
This works well except after about 2 minutes there is a snap and it switches off with only the green power light on and no response from the remote or buttons . Then after about another minute it comes back on itself . It will come back on if I reboot it but this is consistent behaviour off every 2 minutes and on after a minute as you watch . I think a power transistor problem but I dont know which it might be . I include a few pictures of the power board .
Any suggestions where or what to look for ?

Last edited:
Been out of Consumer Electronics for several years but I do know there were many versions of this board used on various yingyang Chinese made sets.
(MIP260B made by Sinrace)
(Never knew Aiwa is all Chinese too after Sony take over)
From what I remember, the majority of the power problems were related to typical electrolytic capacitors. Can't say for sure it is what you have?
Also I noticed in your pictures, R102 appears to have been getting too hot! Shows all the signs of glowing (notice the black band)
Perhaps it is open or cold solder joint on the other side?
There is a schematic for the power board on Elektrotanya which is odd that it even exists. If the schematic does not list the resistor values, do a search for MIP260B and you may be able to see the color bands on several pictures floating around the net..
Hope that helps.
MIP260.jpg

Last edited:
(Never knew Aiwa is all Chinese too after Sony take over)

Might be so in the USA, but not in Europe as far as I know.

Sony had been a majority shareholder in Aiwa for MANY years - and eventually effectively 'shut it down', and started selling Sony products with Aiwa badges.

Not heard anything much about them for a good while now though, so presumably they stopped the brand entirely?, and may well have sold the name to someone else?.

I was merely responding to sseing the picture of "patent technology" pcb which has been used on many many cheap sets but never saw it under an Aiwa badge.

Thanks for the response "vtech" .
I looked at that resistor and it has been either painted blue twice with differing shades of blue or one has gotten close to the other . No sign of overheating and I have looked at night and with a temperature probe .What that did reveal was that the chip marked SG3525AN ...5AU1130G was getting very hot just before it shut down . About 58 to 60 degrees Celsius .The data sheet shows max temp at 70C so perhaps it's shutting down. Looking closer at that I found one leg ,about pin 13 that had missed solder paste and there appeared to be a circuit under it so I cleaned and soldered that. It seemed to lengthen the on time somewhat but did not fix it .The underside pictures of boards seem to show it not soldered but it is a ground pin I think.
I super glued a chunk of aluminium to the top of the chip and this lengthened its on time again so I think it may be a damaged chip because it was not soldered at the start. I also checked and re-soldered any possible dry joints without effect .
It is the PWM controller and the data-sheet of the ON device is **broken link removed**

Last edited by a moderator:
N G When are you going to take the disruption algorithm off my IP ?
That was AWA not AIWA so read a bit more before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back