Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fix dvd player

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyhi

I have this dvd player Im trying to fix.When I turn it on the lcd blinks on and off It wont stay on. it seems like the voltage is fluctuating but i havent tested it

On the primary board where the ac comes in I hear a noise.Its like zap zap zap zap. It sounds like its comming near the transformer. Its a very quite noise.I have to put my ear to it to hear it. What could it be. And how do I troubleshoot it.

The dvd player does not stay on the lcd just blinks all number 888888... cant open the tray.

Last edited:
The first thing I would check would be the capacitors on the power supply Pcb.They could be leaky or shifted in value enough to cause the power to not function correctly
The ones to check first would be any capacitor value above 47 mfd. Also visually inspect the capacitors to see if any of the tops are rounded if so replace with a new one. The sad thing is most DVD players are not cost effective to repair if anything more than power supply problems or a belt. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back