Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fitting a new micro to an old PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
There is a circuit driving two steppers with a micro plus a gate array.

The pins used to activate the functions I need, belong to both. I will replace them with just a micro programed by me.

I do not want to do any "surgery" in the circuit other than desoldering them and auxiliary ICs not needed..

My doubt is what could be the best way to fit the micro to the board. Just in case you ask, no way to solder it in the place left free by the other two chips.

Ideas anyone?

Last edited:
Perhaps some clear pics of the controller PCB (and some pointers as to what we are looking at - highlights on the images and such) would help us brainstorm...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back