Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

First Use of PIC Simulator - Basic LCD test Example

Status
Not open for further replies.

eTech

Hi

Trying out PIC Simulator with Example 1: Basic LCD test

I have the program loaded and runnning but have no ouptput on LCD Module.

Screenshot attached.

Also tried the 7segment.bas example, no output on 7-Segment Display.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

eT

Attachments

• BasicLCDTest.jpg
    BasicLCDTest.jpg
    528.3 KB · Views: 1,015
Last edited:
Hi

Trying out PIC Simulator with Example 1: Basic LCD test

I have the program loaded and runnning but have no ouptput on LCD Module.

Screenshot attached.

Also tried the 7segment.bas example, no output on 7-Segment Display.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

eT

Nervermind.....its working...

hi eT,
You should , when using long delays in SIMULATION add this line, at the top of your Basic code.

Define SIMULATION_WAITMS_VALUE = 1

Otherwise a delay of WaitMs 1000 will be a very long delay, due to the slow speed of simulation.

Also add a simple LCD test line after LCDINT, something like LCDOUT "Ready" will show the LCD is working OK.

hi eT,
You should , when using long delays in SIMULATION add this line, at the top of your Basic code.

Define SIMULATION_WAITMS_VALUE = 1

Otherwise a delay of WaitMs 1000 will be a very long delay, due to the slow speed of simulation.

Also add a simple LCD test line after LCDINT, something like LCDOUT "Ready" will show the LCD is working OK.

Hi Eric,

Regarding my initial post. As you probably guessed, I found I just wasn't waiting long enough.

Thanks for the info..

I'm really liking the simulator...awesome!!
I'm very comfortable with Basic, but does it support C language?

eT

I'm very comfortable with Basic, but does it support C language?

Kind of!! If you successfully build a C project in MPLAB you can run the hex file in the sim.... It will be very slow as you can't speed up the delays ( Unless you comment them out for simulation )

But you will need to be up there with assembly for debugging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back