Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

First time poster here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryanK

Hi!

I know absolutely NOTHING at all about electronics, and came across this forum. The reason I signed up is because I can't build anything with electronics, and was wondering if someone could do a project for me (with compensation, of course)

I have been looking all over for a prank device that just emits a simple "odd" sounding tone, at no specific time - just random - maybe 5 minutes, then 12 minutes, etc. I'll just take a simple "beep" sound if I have to, but was looking for more any type odd sound. I wanted to hide the unit and drive people crazy as to what the sound is, and where its coming from.

Instead of running off a 9 volt battery, how about a CR2032 battery? I have about 75 of these batteries, and since it would make the device smaller so I can hide it easier would be idea.

Anyone know of any out there, or can someone build this for me? If so, what would the price be?

Thanks!

They are many pre-made ones on the market. Use google and look for random noice anoyance device. Amazing circuiits I think sold them at one time.

I have... believe me

I have searched Google. Many different ways:

sound joke irritating
electric sound joke
electric sound prank
irritating beep interval
irritating sound prank
random sound prank
random sound joke
time delay electronic beep prank

so many more.

All I see are BIG devices that are easy to spot.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

"random noise annoyance device" = about half the people I work with.
Would love to sell them to you.
JB

Thanks but no thanks!

Here's what I found instead:
MIND MOLESTER

The "Mind Molester" is a unique instrument of creative elevctronic harrassment. It is an electronic chirping device that can drive your victim nuts trying to figure out WHAT the noise is, and WHERE the noise is coming from. You can drive someone crazy in their own home or dirsrupt an entire office. Your victim(s) will become obsessed, awaiting the next chirp to try to determine its location, completely disrupting their normal activities. Simply connect this device to any 9-volt battery and plant it in an appropriate location. The "Mind Molester" produces a one-second electronic chirp every four minutes until the battery finally runs down. Due to the chirp's frequency, duration, and sound characteristics, it's a very, very difficult, time-consuming, frustrating and maddening task to locate the unit. And even if the find ti, they'll still have absolutely no idea whatsoever as to what they've found. Is it a "bug"? Iis it a bomb? Only you know the truth! The places that you can hide this devious little device are limited only by your own imgaination. Chirp Frequency: 2000Hz.

$24.95

Available At:
http://www.spymall.com/catalog/revenge.htm for whoever else wants one. It has a 9 volt battery, but still, I would really love one with a CR2032 battery - if anyone wants to help me out here.

I don't want to order this yet until I make sure here no one will help me out.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Only 3 of your CR2032 batteries in series makes 9V. The circuit might operate with only 2 in series for 6V.

Oh boy, sounds like you need to read the thread about building an Electric Shock Pen.:rolleyes: You'll have company there.

HiTech said:
Oh boy, sounds like you need to read the thread about building an Electric Shock Pen.:rolleyes: You'll have company there.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

EDIT: This one did make me laugh at least. You still suck though ;)

AudioGuru told you, 3 cells = 9VDC.. So it will work for you.

Maybe use the rest on the shock pen.

buurin said:
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

EDIT: This one did make me laugh at least. You still suck though ;)
The only time people get pissed at me is when I speak the truth, while they prefer to be lied to.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back