Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

First schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrienne

**broken link removed**

I intend this to be a simple On off keyswitch type device, I press the button and the carrier frequency turns on. I'm not an expert, but I don't think its going to work yet. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Switch the battery positive lead; not the negative lead. Tie pins 5 & 6 to 7. That will cause it to transmit all the time. Read and follow the part of the data sheet recommendations where it talks about PC layout. Also read the section about the nominal crystal load capacitance.

What are you using to receive/detect the 433.92 MHz signal?

First off I love you, and the Max 9930 seems like the viable option. I'll re-draw this then I'll post the next design. :)

The MAX9930 is not a receiver; at best, it might be used as a tiny part of one.

A receiver for 433MHz is too complicated, and uses too many specialized components for the average hobbyist. I would **broken link removed**.

I bought both a transmitter and receiver from Abacom for a consulting job I did last year.

Well... Lets say I'm a professional in training. I'd prefer a long skinny one. 6 mm wide to fit inside a pen that's 6 inches long.

in your diagram you have maked with "?????" you need some thing to be installed there to limit your input or?

Switch the battery positive lead; not the negative lead. Tie pins 5 & 6 to 7. That will cause it to transmit all the time. Read and follow the part of the data sheet recommendations where it talks about PC layout. Also read the section about the nominal crystal load capacitance.

What are you using to receive/detect the 433.92 MHz signal?

He already solved the prob. I need a receiver now. I'm looking at micrel quik radios, they don't list the dimensions.

I guess you'll also need some space for proper connections such as traces to external components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back