Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

First project

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew8485

Hello, this will be my first project i am building ( as a hobby) I am making this for a motorcycle and it is so that i can combine my fm radio and cb into one head set, so that they radio will play intill there is something coming in on the cb in which case it will override the fm and play the cb thew the head sets. i made up a Scamatic of how i think i can do it but for some reason it seems way to simple ( don't know why) i just think i am missing something to help it tick can you guys review it and give me tips or sergestion or even tell my why it might not work any coments are apricated

A= cb + head set wire
B= Fm radio + Headset wire
speaker out = out to + speaker hook up
the triange with the dot is a not gate(didn't know if that is the right signal)

andrew8485 said:
Hello, this will be my first project i am building ( as a hobby) I am making this for a motorcycle and it is so that i can combine my fm radio and cb into one head set, so that they radio will play intill there is something coming in on the cb in which case it will override the fm and play the cb thew the head sets. i made up a Scamatic of how i think i can do it but for some reason it seems way to simple ( don't know why) i just think i am missing something to help it tick can you guys review it and give me tips or sergestion or even tell my why it might not work any coments are apricated

A= cb + head set wire

Upload your schematic please.

sorry, i can't belive i forgot it :oops: thanks :D i will recopy every thing to this reply so there is not as much screen scrolling .

A= cb + head set wire

Attachments

• q.GIF
    q.GIF
    1.7 KB · Views: 557
andrew8485 said:
sorry, i can't belive i forgot it :oops: thanks :D i will recopy every thing to this reply so there is not as much screen scrolling .

A= cb + head set wire

Let me point out one thing initially here, the actual signals that comprise of what you have maked "A" & "B" are analog signals. A "NOT" gate is a digital circuit component designed to work with digital signals.

Analog signals on the input of a not gate could potentially do many things depending.... none of which are going to be what you want.

I think you will be closer to your solution if you use small signal relays to "gate" your signals. You will need to come up with a circuit that can detect when a CB transmission is occuring, this could output a signal that will switch your relays appropriately. I'm not even sure this is best way to do this kind of thing but, the NOT will definitely not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back