Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

First project, Your help is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bensr20det

Hello I would like to build a small chip that can go on to my dogs collar and when ever he goes within a foot or so of his food and water bowls they will open for him and close once he walks away. Now i have never built anything like this before and i am very excited to learn. If anyone knows where i can look up and research the types of things i would need I would really appreciate it.

Your site seems great and from what i have read so far there seems to be a lot of very knowledgeable people around. I am always coming up with ideas for things i would like to build and i think it is great to have a community like this where you can come find answers and get ideas from intelligent people.

Thank you very much in advance,
Ben

well I have not had much if any experience in building electronics nor do i know much about the different components.

Then perhaps a simpler project might be a good idea. Low power RFID is not entry level.

Just the bowl mechanism will probably be a challenge. How about a switch the dog steps on when he is near the bowl.

That sounds like a great idea. I have no problems starting small and working up to the more advanced builds. Is there a good site or tutorials that i can start looking at so I can begin to get some ideas on how to construct my first device?

yes go to the F.A.Q. on this website and you'll find tons of links to sites containing valuable info regarding what you need to start, and learn.

good luck :)

Nate,

That sounds like a great idea. I have no problems starting small and working up to the more advanced builds. Is there a good site or tutorials that i can start looking at so I can begin to get some ideas on how to construct my first device?

hi,
Look under pressure mats at;

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back