Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

First circuit needs checking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttyler333

**broken link removed**
So this is my first circuit, i know its not perfect but i plan on making it perfect. How would i go about limiting each motors energy use to only 3 volts? How would i also limit the amount of electricity the LED's will receive. Would that setup also be good to allow the solar panel to charge the batteries?

i would also like to impliment an rc controller, one that'd allow the motor to be controlled. You know, so it does not run away. Curious though how i would go about adding that to it.

**broken link removed** <-- link to fullsized image above

hi 333,
To limit the current thru the LED's you add a series resistor to each LED.
If the LED's have a forward voltage drop of 3.2 to 3.4v, you would use a minimum battery voltage of say 4.5V.
So for 10mA thru each LED that would require a resistor of [4.5V - 3.4V]/0.01= 110R for each LED.
Using a 2V to 3.6V battery is not going to drive the LED's

For the LDR [photo resistor] you require at least one transistor in order to provide some amplification of the LDR output.

If the solar panel outputs 7V to 8V you will require some form of voltage/current regulation between the solar panel and the battery.

hi 333,
To limit the current thru the LED's you add a series resistor to each LED.
If the LED's have a forward voltage drop of 3.2 to 3.4v, you would use a minimum battery voltage of say 4.5V.
So for 10mA thru each LED that would require a resistor of [4.5V - 3.4V]/0.01= 110R for each LED.
Using a 2V to 3.6V battery is not going to drive the LED's

For the LDR [photo resistor] you require at least one transistor in order to provide some amplification of the LDR output.

If the solar panel outputs 7V to 8V you will require some form of voltage/current regulation between the solar panel and the battery.

Thanks!, finally some good help, over at electronicspoint the mod was telling me how it would not work and that its basically pointless. The proceeds to tell me that the solar panel is powering the motor, no its not!, but thanks. Just waiting till i get the parts then ill do all the testing i need.

Thanks!, finally some good help, over at electronicspoint the mod was telling me how it would not work and that its basically pointless. The proceeds to tell me that the solar panel is powering the motor, no its not!, but thanks. Just waiting till i get the parts then ill do all the testing i need.
hi,
I would suggest that you download the free expresspcb electronics drawing program, so that when you post a circuit we can read it quickly.
'Pictorial' type drawings are difficult to follow sometimes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back