Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

First attempt at RC transmitter/receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will79

I am attempting to build a remote control hovercraft, and I would like to build the transmitter and reciever both from discrete components rather than using a specialized IC. I need help getting started and would appreciate input as to where I could find some good schematics to use as a guide. I dont want to get anything that is pre-fab. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am on a tight budget

You will be hard pressed to build them for the price you can buy them complete.

I remember when RC toys used discrete parts and big long antennas at 27MHz about 47 years ago. They worked poorly.
My new RC airplanes use 2.4GHz so the antennas are only a couple of inches long. They work perfectly.
Of course they use ICs.

I am attempting to build a remote control hovercraft, and I would like to build the transmitter and reciever both from discrete components rather than using a specialized IC. I need help getting started and would appreciate input as to where I could find some good schematics to use as a guide. I dont want to get anything that is pre-fab. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am on a tight budget

Buy a proper RC system, it will be a fraction of the cost of building one - and you can't really buy the specialized IC's required anyway. A non-IC solution wouldn't really be possible, not for any decently useful system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back