Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finishing a development with Arduino...

Status
Not open for further replies.

si2030

Hi there,

This is possibly a stupid question however I have been thinking on this for a while. Arduino is an immensely popular vehicle for the use of microcontrollers. I have looked at the system a little.

My question is.. so you do a fair bit of development on an Arduino board with other daughter boards etc if required.... and with your development finished what do you do then... just install the Arduino board with daughter boards into a box and leave it at that or do people then build the actual board themselves?

I have developed a test board on PIC micro controllers but then created a board specifically for the job along with the software... what do people do with the Arduino platform... do people go the next step and develop their own boards or just leave it with the Arduino board and call that finished?

If you do require building your own board is the Arduino platform the best alternative? Or is there a better option on the market for this outcome...

Simon

Arduino/PIC/ARM/(what ever) it is all the same. If I only planed to make ten systems I would stay with a store made micro controller board and add on what I need. If I planed to make many boards or planed to make them over years then I would make a board just for this project.

It is dangerous to count on another company to continue to make a micro controller. They have no reason to think about you and your problem. I have a huge pile of boards that are no longer made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back