Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finished Motorcycle Module Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they give the rider a margin of safety, and I just don't see how they are distracting. Being a rider, I'm already aware of other bikes, but the flashing light does tend to grab my attention. I don't have it on my bike. I've been pretty lucky so far, and haven't had too many close calls. I have a rather large and pretty visible bike, but it's a dark color that might make it hard to see. That could become an issue for me.

Well, driving requires some discipline. If you find yourself being distracted, you might want to work on that. The flashing lights are a safety feature for low visibility vehicles like motorcycles. It's not perfect, but it's a good thing.

It's probably also illegal in many countries, and certainly is in the UK.

The purpose of this thread was to give back a little to the forum and to the members who contribute here. You're free to use the design or throw it in the garbage. I have it installed and it works perfectly. It was never the intent to solicit criticism and a re-design issue over the choice of regulators, the safety or legality of the device in the UK or anyones personal like or dislike of others using it. Thousands of these are sold annually as three separate products so there surely is a reason with the most likely one being idiots and their cell phones not paying attention to their driving.

Last edited:
Beileve it or not, some of us appreciate those who share. As for the critique/redesign, everyone who shares here gets the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back