Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finished First PCB ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
{snip}
I am not sure what you mean by, "if the toner don't stick", I'm guessing that the toner is sticking too much if I have to scrub to get it off after etching. Right?
{snip}
Thanks
Mark

You don't think you can get the toner to stick to much, at least newer experienced or heard about that problem before. I am not familiar with Pulsar so I am going to refrain from making any additional comments about your problem.
Of cause there are no such problems with P-n-P that I use (most of the time).

I apologize for not making myself clearer....I have no experience at all..so I am just trying to take in as much info as I can to constantly improve. I don't know what is expected or not expected so I ask questions based on everyone's imput. If it is uncommon to be scrubbing the toner off after etching than I obviously didn't do something right. I dunno. I put the board in a a plasic bowl with just enough ferroic acid to cover the top...and agitated it for about 4 or 5 minutes. Once the corners of the board had no more copper on them.....I waited a minute or two more and pulled it out and started to rinse off the toner. Some came off as mentioned up above, the rest I had to scrub off. Though it didn't get rid of the copper where it wasn't supposed to..the copper on the board is definitely discolored. That's really all can add to the process. I didn't do anything else except what I have mentioned here and previously. I guess once I put the components on the board, I will know if I did what I was supposed to if it works. Hope it does.....Looks like it will!

Anyone know what kind of drills I should get...and where?

I ordered 10 #65s off ebay. Anyone get them cheap in U.S. or a local store perhaps? I thought I could get them at Homedepot or something like that..guess I was wrong..now I have to wait to drill the holes and can't do the soldering till they deliver. Oh well live and learn.

I could suggest a local store but I don't know where local is. If you're near Van Nuys try All Electronics. I think they have assortments. I shop there, and at Electronic Goldmine. If you're in Redondo Beach tomorrow try the W6TRW swap meet in the morning. If you're in Santa Ana, there's a swap Sunday morning at Hyperactive Computing. If you're anywhere else, it's complicated.

It would be simpler if your location was in your UserCP.

Hay don't feel bad i had to scrub off my first board too. I think my sanding the copper had something to do with it

If the board still has water on it then acetone doesn't work too well. If it's dry then acetone takes the toner away instantly.

If the board still has water on it then acetone doesn't work too well. If it's dry then acetone takes the toner away instantly.

Now that's something that I definitely did wrong. Thanks, looking forward to trying another one and seeing the results......thanks!

Have you seen this howto page for Puisar Paper.

I have now...I read all of it...thank you.
I put it on pdf here's a attachment if you would like it...or anyone else.

Attachments

• Pulsar Directions.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 307
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back