Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finger print module

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhit31

hey i need help... im doin a finger print project.. ive connected the serial interface and the finger print device, bothe soldered on a pcb and grounded separately.... an external power supply is connected to the PCB.. when i switch it on.. the finger print device glows blue for a second and then disappears and also the small red blinker in the serial interface device... but the external power supply device still glows red... what im tryin to ask is... is the finger print device still working..cos evrytime i switch it on..the blue light appears..i tried connecting the serial port from the laptop without the external power supply..yet the blue light blinks for a second.. and also the external power supply device blinker glows red... can anybody help me understand what seems to be the prob..??

Further to Ians comment, the module is probably booting, using the serial port to say 'I'm here, anyone there', not receiving a reply so its just sits and waits.

yes thank you very much.. it is a boot sequence.. i need to install the software and then use the serial port interface to start the device..sorry might have been a silly doubt but thank your patience. if i do incur a prob again please do help me out.

can anybody help me .. i ve done the connections for the finger print. i connected the serial port interface from the deivce to the laptop.. and i have a software named SYNO CHIP installed to detect the finger print. but when i click on the button 'open device' it says "open device failed , please check the password and the device adress"
even when i run it as an adminstrator. please reply asap ???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back