Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finding the Average of 2 voltages

Status
Not open for further replies.

pittuck

Hi,

I am making a micromouse and am currently working on the sensors (got one set working ;)). On the left and right hand sides there will be a pair of sensors that i had planned to feed the analog output to a PIC and run a ADC on both line then calculate the average. I was wondering if it was possible in a relitvely low number of components to average the 2 voltages then read it on the PIC ADC.... (It should speed things up a bit)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

- Martyn

Its not so much for saving time, its for saving wires, i can handle 8 wires to the base to feed / recieve from the sensors, but 12 is a bit too much...

Or you could just put a resistor-divider between the 2 voltages using equal resistors. The center of the divider will be the average of the 2 voltages.

All you need is 2 resistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back