Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finding Date Codes for Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuchy143

Hi All,

I need to know the date codes for some LED's and Crystals on my PCB. They are not on the part or with any of the specs. I tried getting a hold of the manufacturers but they are in China and won't respond to my emails as of yet.

Does anyone know if crystals/leds even come with date codes as this is the first time I've had to be concerned with them for nuclear testing.

Thanks

Thanks Diver!

Do you know where you usually find the date codes for the crystals? IC's are usually easy because they are right on the chip but the crystals seem a little tougher.

Some crystals have date codes, some crystals don't. Simple as that.

If the crystal has a date code, it will be on the can.

JimB

I did want to add as I have found some more information on this topic.

Typically parts have dates codes on the actual part.(This we know) If it is not on the part then usually it's on the reel where the part originated. In talking with a couple vendors they say(Digikey being one of them) that customers must request date codes on parts which will come from a reel.(this only applied to parts which don't have the date code on the actual part) That way when the part is in house the packaging it comes with will contain the date code.

-mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back