Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finding correct screwdriver

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdanh2002

What is the correct screwdrivers to open the 2 screws in the following image:

**broken link removed**

I need to detach a motherboard from a CPU casing, and it seems like all connectors at the back (VGA, parallel, serial, ..) are attached to the casing via this type of screws.

Thanks

Last edited:
Those connectors are just for locking on a plug - the connector is not attached to the case at all. Undo all the screws holding the case together, and it should come right off.

Andrew

to unscrew the screws just use a pair of pliers but as cowana said the screws do not hold the motherboard to the case

that looks like a branded case to me, in which case those hex risers do lock the motherboard to the chassis. As electokid said just use a pair of pliers to crack them loose and then unscrew them with your fingers.

Thanks. The photos I posted is not the actual photos of my motherboard, but from some other website that looks similar to my motherboard. The screws lock the motherboard to the case.

I am trying with a pair of pliers. Can't believe it's so hard just to open it up!

Thanks. The photos I posted is not the actual photos of my motherboard, but from some other website that looks similar to my motherboard. The screws lock the motherboard to the case.

I am trying with a pair of pliers. Can't believe it's so hard just to open it up!

Look for a 3/16" Nut Driver
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=3/16"+Nut+Driver
There are also many listings on eBay.
That is the tool normally used to remove or install these nuts on D_SUB connectors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back