Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finding a specific wiring diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye

Hi Guys:

My Father asked me to find a wiring diagram for him on the internet. I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right places, but I've tried the usual search engines with various combinations of key words and not had any luck. I've searched through related topics here without much success.

These are the details he gave me:
He needs the wiring diagram for a Reliance ac motor: 115/230 volt, 1hp, single phase/non-variable, 3450 rpm. Dad also gave me a Reliance ID number: E76V2918M-TH. Other information that might help: Type: CS, Frame: L56C, Nema Design: UA672.

This is a Reliance Duty Master motor used to run a pump for a propane tank (which has been his specialty for the last 30 years). I actually spent a lot of time searching on the Reliance.com site. Dad has tried calling their toll-free number for customer service and although I don't have the specifics, for some reason he didn't have any luck with that route.

Am I looking in the wrong place or what? Does anyone here have access to a wiring diagram like I've described, or even just a better place to look, lol?! After all this work, I just hate giving up on it. He's disabled now, and does some consulting for his previous employer, but he's trying to make extra money out of his shop by doing rebuilds, so that's why it's so important to me to get this figured out. I'd appreciate any help you have to offer.

Thanks!

Motors as such don't have much of a wiring section you can change, maybe the brushes have worn out after 30 years. If the problem is with the motor wiring the only remedy is to have the motor rewired ie all the windings are taken off and new wire wound back on. If the problem is with the control wiring that is easier to fix and an electrician should be able to repair that.
One other problem might be the starter capacitor, this could have dried out and need replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your reply. The way Dad has explained it to me, he's already done the wiring, but next time, he's hoping to have the diagram instead of going with the one he drew as he was working.

An old thread, I know... (nearly 12 years to the day!)

A new user named Damion has asked me to post the schematic, in case it may be of use to anyone searching for it in the future. It is attached.

Regards, SS.

Attachments

• da9hbywpmtl5lobxd.bmp
    344.1 KB · Views: 1,532
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back